350 Noxontown Road
Townsend, DE 19734
Google Maps Link.
From Washington, DC:
- Take Rt. 50 East over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge until it intersects with Rt. 301. (Middletown is approximately 1 hour from the Bay Bridge).
- Continue on 301 North into Delaware.
- One half mile past 301 Hess Truck Stop is a traffic light with a Lowes on the right; turn right at the light onto Rt. 299 East.
- Continue on 299 through the center of Middletown.
- At the fourth light turn right onto Silver Lake Road. Proceed to the end.
- Turn left onto Noxontown Road and follow it over the bridge. (Do not cross Noxontown Road and enter through the stone pillars; that puts you on campus, across the lake from the regatta viewing area.)
- Turn into the second entrance on the right into the gated Rodney Point Picnic Grounds.
The drive is about 110 miles and takes about 2.5 hours or less, depending on traffic and your speed.
CAUTION: there are frequent speed traps on 301 in Maryland after it splits with Rt. 50.
For those so inclined, there is a Starbucks on Rt. 299 just before you turn on to Silver Lake Road.
Free Parking: Please park in the field across from the Visitation Tent.